Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Silent City

 Its December 15th 2020. What is there to say or not to say? How can I put into words how I feel about Las Vegas? I feel a silence in my soul for the city I miss. I close my eyes and willfully wish to wake up and see the city I remember. So vibrant and full of life. I close my eyes and dream of days past. I try never to live in the past, but that is the only thing that keeps me hopeful. What else can I be thankful for when everything is taken from us? Im not being dismal. Im being realistic. This whole shit show is what it is. 

I will say that I am grateful for the beautiful kitties I rescued during these past 9 months. Living on the east side of the Las Vegas strip did offer advantages. I felt safe. I could walk everywhere and feel a part of the city. I was just a few blocks away from the strip. It was my home for so many years. I miss it dearly.

Things have changed and I moved 12 miles west of the strip. I feel less safe in Summerlin than I did on east side. Its just a feeling. I had to install an alarm system and to be more vigilant. My heart is on the east side. There is a nostalgic aspect of the 'Forever" east side. The history has me at a crossroads. For those that ask why? I have been in Las Vegas since 1987 and the east side was the place to live. Now its a lower income(in some parts). I feel like I left my soul.

In this new part of town. I do not trust anyone and I dont like walking anywhere. I can walk for miles in Summerlin, but there is a weird vibe. Hard to describe. No more walking.

I see a city in despair. I am not relating any other city to Las Vegas. Las Vegas is unique and special in its on way. 

I sit here and wonder what our city will become. Not even a question. Its just a desert city built on dreams and grandeur. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

6/6/23

Looks like I will have to make a trip to the strip soon. I pretty much grew up at the Tropicana Hotel. It was my first big show on the strip...