Sunday, June 30, 2019

Endure

So, here I am. Years later and getting my book on the right track. For anyone that is thinking about writing a book, it is not a simple gesture. Even though I know exactly what I am writing, I have so much research before I even write a chapter. I lived in Las Vegas during an era that doesn't exist anymore. Most of the places Im writing about are either imploded, changed names or completely non-existent. I thought I would be done by now. But, its a long process and I want everything to be as accurate as possible.
There was a time where I thought to hurry and write. Thats not what the publisher wants. He wants a detailed collective accurate account of everything. I cannot leave one detail untold.
My goal date is September 2019. I still have that in my mind, but it could be or not be?
To write..takes 4-6 hours in a sitting after hours of research. Research could be books, google, reading and looking at photos with dates that I have had for 35 years. Its more work than anyone thinks about.
Sure, I hear people say " Im going to write a book"
If you're not a celebrity or well known, you have to write it all on your own. Those folks have help with writers etc. Im writing it all on my own. Yes, I have an interested publisher and editor, they encourage me, but Im writing it myself.
Its now a reality and I will not stop until I feel I have given my best. Its my dream to share with the world about Las Vegas and what it was like being a Showgirl and the old school ways of Las Vegas. That era is gone but the memories are all there. Endure with me as I complete a masterpiece for the history of an era that is gone, but lives on in memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

6/6/23

Looks like I will have to make a trip to the strip soon. I pretty much grew up at the Tropicana Hotel. It was my first big show on the strip...