Wednesday, March 25, 2020

The Audition Part 2 Folies Bergere

 I arrived at the Tropicana Hotel close to the 2pm audition time. The Tropicana was so impressive and absolutely stunning as a structure. Walking in, the overhead stainless glass canopy over the gaming area is more impressive then anything I have ever seen in Las Vegas. I proceeded to the Tiffany Theater and there was a security guard checking to see why I was there. He accepted my response and let me into the theater. I had been to see Les Folies Bergere twice but I had I never seen it like this, all empty seats except for the stage. The stage was full of girls stretching and performing numerous tricks. I slowly walked towards the stage. I could see all the seasoned dancers and showgirls warming up. I felt totally out of place. I was 18 and never been Ito an audition in Las Vegas.

As I walked onto the stage from the theater, I noticed the dancers were all in very skimpy outfits and tights that had holes(fishnets). I found a spot on the stage and proceeded to stretch. I felt very out of my element with all these glamorous dancers.
All
The dancers wore g-strings and tops that were barely visible to the nipple. I knew the audition was for covered and nude dancers so I could see why some were dressed this way. I did not have a g-string and never even knew what it was until today. I felt completely out of place. The only thing I had was my training. I knew I was a well trained dancer and I could do this.

Minutes went by then a lady's voice from the theater stopped all of us, she said " All dancers move to the front of the stage and move your bags to the side stage." We all scampered and got focused, moved to front of the stage.

Center stage I took a front spot. I needed to be seen

1 comment:

  1. Nice posts! I've read the last two so you have to agree to at least finish this story. 😀

    ReplyDelete

6/6/23

Looks like I will have to make a trip to the strip soon. I pretty much grew up at the Tropicana Hotel. It was my first big show on the strip...