Friday, July 3, 2020

Do you?

I understand that most people are afraid to walk among the homeless and destitute. I am not. I am a confident woman and when I engage with these folks they trust me. At all hours of the night since I was in my early teen's. I do not fear the homeless. Yes, they have mental issues, but all they need is a kind hand and a hello. They need love too.

When I venture out at night to get some fresh air, I encounter many characters. Some lost, some needing a hello and some needing water or a bit of food. No one ever asks me for anything. I am the one that always offers. I never carry much cash, but enough for water or a few items they may need.

When I stop by my neighborhood 7 Eleven, they know I am buying stuff for the needy. They always say,  "Scarlett what are you buying tonight"? They know I care and do what they can to offer help. I wont say because they have a job to protect. But we are in this together. We are not wealthy but we help one another on an even plane. So many folks suffering as well as animals.

My heart is with humanity and all the animals no matter what species they are.

I look around my city and I see sadness. Its not just the shutdown, but everyday since 1987. Even when I lived in Santa Monica for a few years, I gave a cashmere blanket to a homeless woman. I saw her shivering one night and I told my boyfriend to hurry home. I went into house and grabbed that blanket. He took me back to where she was and I covered her in a doorway and put a hundred dollar bill under her arm. She whispered, "Thank you". She is forever in my heart, never saw her again, and its ok. I gave her warmth for one night. Thats all I care about.

How Selfish are you today? Look at yourself and see? Do you care about other people? No, really? Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

6/6/23

Looks like I will have to make a trip to the strip soon. I pretty much grew up at the Tropicana Hotel. It was my first big show on the strip...