Friday, December 10, 2021

 Las Vegas. New Era, New City, New Laws or Mandates. Not even sure what to say, but will do my best. I arrived in Las Vegas 1987 to become a Las Vegas Showgirl at 18. Yes, I had been visiting since the early 70's and 80's. My parents were married in Las Vegas in the 60's. Ive always enjoyed the city up until there was a complete shutdown in March of 2020. I lost my desire to finish my book about my life as a Showgirl. The city completely changed. There is a lack of love and appreciation. Greed everywhere. Yes there was a greed before, but this new kind of greed is selfish, egotistical and lack of fellow neighbor. 

Because I loved the city so much, I would always live close to the strip where all the action is. During the shutdown of 2020, I was fearing for my life and kitties living 2 blocks from the heart of the city.

Moving to the burbs has not done anything to calm my living situation. South Summerlin in my opinion has been a nighmare. Now, Im the kind of girl who loves privacy and a nice quiet home. I have had no peace since moving and paying a higher rent. I have recently found out my last place is now as expensive as this new place in Summerlin.

Yes, we are feeling the price gauging everywhere, Im not political, but something is happening in the government that is not looking out for its people. So, Im thinking this is the lack of love for thy neighbor. How do we keep on going with this economy? Its all Greed based. 

Therefore, I lost interest in telling the story of a Las Vegas Showgirl. Looking for inspiration, but finding none. Maybe if I keep blogging it will come back to me? Maybe The Les Folies Bergere' reunion in March of 2022 will give me hope and inspiration to finish writing. I can only Dream, but I know Dreams do come true if you believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

6/6/23

Looks like I will have to make a trip to the strip soon. I pretty much grew up at the Tropicana Hotel. It was my first big show on the strip...