Friday, April 3, 2020

Las Vegas present day, desolation

As I write, read and do my daily exercises at the park in the city I love, it is so quiet, I can now see the future. Maybe, all the hustle and bustle distracted me from the completion of my book? I do think it did. I do not find that this desolation is anything I ever want to experience again. Its a dark nerve right to the core of the soul. Looking and experiencing this darkness that surrounds the "City of Lights," is astounding. Never in my lifetime would I ever even 'think' this would be. And never want to be.

But, my mind has opened up to the fresh air at the park, the lonely drives around the city, the empty shelves at the local stores and the stillness at night. No rush of the airplanes that used to lull me to sleep every night. It has all ceased to exist, for now. And, we move on, daily, silently through a time we do not understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

6/6/23

Looks like I will have to make a trip to the strip soon. I pretty much grew up at the Tropicana Hotel. It was my first big show on the strip...